These stuffed bell peppers are packed with a combination of floor red meat, tomato sauce and rice, then topped with cheese and baked to perfection. A traditional dish that’s consolation food at its greatest!
I love to put together stuffed vegetables which includes filled zucchini, crammed cabbage and those fabulously delicious stuffed peppers. My own family requests this recipe time and time again, it’s simply that true.
Stuffed bell peppers were famous for many years for top reason – they’re totally delicious! My model functions a hearty beef and rice mixture with lots of melted cheese. Serve your crammed peppers as-is, or upload a side salad for a meal that your own family will be sure to love.
Prepare the bell peppers by using reducing off the tops and getting rid of the seeds. Bake the empty peppers to soften them up earlier than you upload the filling. The filling for these peppers is a combination of floor beef, tomato sauce, rice and cheese. After the peppers have softened, they’re filled with the stuffing and a layer of cheese is going over the pinnacle. Bake your peppers till they’re absolutely soft, then upload a sprinkling of parsley and serve.
Peppers want to be cooked before they are stuffed to make certain they’re tender. If you want a crispier pepper you may miss the par-baking step.
- 6 bell peppers any color, or a combination of colors
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef I use 90% lean
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded, divided use
- cooking spray
See Also: Keto Cheese Danish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice the tops off the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds inside.
- Place the peppers cut side down in the baking dish. Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spatula, until meat is cooked through.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the rice, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and drain off the water. Turn the peppers over and fill each one with the beef mixture.
- Top each pepper with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned and peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.