The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded hen cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so wet and complete of flavor.
This is an easy bird dinner the whole family will love! Made with home made marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles, roasted greens or with a big salad to hold it at the lighter aspect.
We all love this dish in my domestic, it’s best for a weeknight but properly enough to serve to organisation. This is also how I bake my hen cutlets if you want it without the cheese and sauce. Kid friendly and delicious, make this tonight!!
The execs to baking the cutlets are you’re using much less oil, and also making less mess than in case you fry them.
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs, I used whole wheat, you can also use GF crumbs
- 4 chicken breasts, about 8 oz each, sliced in half lengthwise to make 8
- 2 tbsp butter, melted (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, I used Polly-o
- cooking spray
More Chicken Recipes You May Like: Crispy Honey Chicken
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.