This is one of those recipes I frequently bounce to after I forgot to defrost any meat, or in reality did not have time to make a real meal plan. They will cook straight from frozen, however I like to defrost them for 15 mins or so, simply to make them thaw a little. That manner they nevertheless brown OK to add greater taste to the sauce. My husband and kids typically fight over who gets to mop up the leftover sauce inside the instant pot with some bread – it is that correct!
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops are an clean and scrumptious dinner recipe your whole family will love. Takes minutes to prep and also you turn out to be with juicy red meat chops smothered in a creamy sauce!
I’ll pop out and say it: I wasn’t THE biggest fan of red meat chops till I commenced making them in my immediately pot. SO GOOD!
They get noticeably soft and don’t dry out at all, which makes them any such joy to eat.
And with this creamy sauce? You need to make these NOW.
- 2 medium onions (cut into slim wedges)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4 THICK CUT pork chops (do NOT use thin chops or they’ll dry out – America’s/New York cut is best; shoulder or sirloin haven’t turned out well for me)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
See Also: Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Brown onions and pork: Set instant pot to sauté. Add butter and cook onions until softened. Push to one side and add chops to brown. Season with salt and pepper as they cook.
- Add sauce: Switch off instant pot. Add beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, scraping the browned bits from the bottom of the instant pot.
- Pressure cook: Close instant pot and set valve to sealing. Choose “pressure cook” for 8 minutes. After cooking time is up, do a natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure and open.
- Thicken: For a thicker sauce, remove chops form instant pot and cover to keep warm. Set instant pot to sauté and simmer sauce for a few minutes. If desired, add a slurry of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add cream: Switch off instant pot and let it cool down for a few seconds. Stir in sour cream. Serve sauce over chops.