When I get in a pasta salad rut, one in all my favorite ways to break out of it is to make pasta salad modeled after considered one of my favorite inexperienced salads. Cobb Pasta Salad and Greek Pasta Salad are favorites. I’m almost always thrilled with the outcome, in all likelihood due to the fact there are so few elements or flavors that I don’t like with pasta. Pasta is like a clean canvas you could use to allow your creativity run free.
This Caesar Pasta Salad is modeled after my Caesar Coleslaw and it is a delicious and satisfying pasta salad. During the summer time months, I love the quality crispy crunch of the romaine lettuce in a Caesar salad. There’s some thing so clean about it. I upload enough romaine to this dish so you comprehend it’s there, but no longer a lot that it overtakes the pasta.
I make a creamy Caesar dressing from mayonnaise, bitter cream, lemon juice, garlic, and a few minced anchovies. You can leave the anchovies out if you without a doubt object to them. I upload a massive handful of grape tomatoes and they, in conjunction with the romaine lettuce and a sprinkling of chopped green onions, make the salad sparkling and vivid. A few croutons on top provide a few crunch and upload a completing Caesar salad touch.
Toss in some diced grilled chook breasts and you have yourself not just a crowd-desirable aspect dish, however a dish that works as a light summer time meal.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove large garlic pressed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 anchovies finely minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound penne pasta cooked until al dente and rinsed with cool water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 6 leaves large Romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions. green parts sliced
- 2 grilled chicken breasts diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups croutons
See Also: How to Make Cloud Bread
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise through the Worcestershire sauce.
- Toss half of the dressing with the pasta and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mix in remaining ingredients including the remaining dressing and serve.
I like to mix half of the dressing with the pasta and chill it and then mix in the remaining dressing just before serving, but you can do it all at once.Be sure to salt your cooking water for the pasta well, at least 1 tablespoon of salt.Anchovies can be omitted. You might want to double the Worcestershire sauce if you do.