A buttery and toasty grilled cheese sandwich filled with cool and creamy guacamole, crispy bacon and melted jack and cheddar cheese. The crunchy crumbled tortilla chips on this grilled cheese pay tribute to the conventional aggregate of tortilla chips and guacamole dip.
A guacamole grilled cheese sandwich has been on my to attempt listing for a while now and due to the fact that I became making the bacon guacamole on the weekend I figured I might just select up double the elements and make each. The basic idea behind this grilled cheese is pretty easy and it started out with just including guacamole to a grilled cheese however with the achievement of combining salty bacon-y elegance with cool and creamy guacamole I could not withstand including a few slices of bacon to the sandwich. I additionally had some leftover corn tortilla chips from dipping at the weekend so I determined to collapse some of them and add them to the sandwich for texture.
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon tortilla chips, crumbled (optional)
- 2 tablespoons guacamole, room temperature
- Cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the guacamole, bacon, tortilla chips, the remaining cheese and finally top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up.
- Grill over medium heat until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side.